Gunboards Forums banner

NGD in louisville ky

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  limpetmine 
#1 ·
big gun show in louisville ky this weekend anyone going?

#4 ·
One week before the MGS will mean few will be in the buying mood IMO, plus the show makes my ear hurt (Vic). I'll be going because I'm local and it will be interesting to see what's around, the last show without the "big collectors" left me a chance at the meager findings, although meager was it :) Usally they put the show after the MGS and you get alot more buyers, why they ran before this year is stupid IMO...

#5 ·
How is this show comparable to the OGCA shows?

#6 ·
I like it...the major domo's will be missed..Tuco, Dennis and Vic are great entertainment. We can only hope ZeeBill has car problems. HoosierDaddy and WV Chuck are not allowed two major events on consecutive weekends so they will just do the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. One might actually have a chance to snag something at this one!!

#9 ·
Two shows

back to back is tough, NGD and KCMGS. (Six hours one way) However, I've always had good luck at NGD for interesting finds, and the MGS is not to be missed. However, doing both this time will make it 5 weekends in a row, and THAT is tough. The missus is already hacked (but not enough to leave) so I'll stay home this time and change out a double window (second story).
ugh.

#12 ·
I'm thinking about KCR and if anything I'll go to Tulsa the following weekend.

Coneten, drop me an e-mail about KCR if you don't mind. I need to find out about the arrangements for camping.

If anybody has a spare room or wants to split one in Tulsa let me know that too. I'm still up in the air on that trip, but a "sure thing" room would make a big difference. TIA

#13 · (Edited)
Ted, HoosierDaddy has all the info on camping for Knob Creek..but bring gas mask if you share quarters...hey... GunBoards air fresheners for the rearview mirror...superduty Tuco proofed variety.. The crew that hangs with Chuck and HDaddy are pretty rowdy but will grill anything..bring a possum. If this weather pattern holds it will be great.

#15 ·
Ted there are several of us staying here:
http://www.louisvillesouthkoa.com/
I have campsite 202 reserved and there is plenty of room for tents on that site. Chuck and his family, Ballcap and Keith Reid are staying in sissy Kabins at the KOA. All of the sissy Kabins are taken but Ballcap may have room for one more since ZeeBill isn't going. You can bring the possum to pitch in the chili Friday night. We just need a headcount as to how many folks are showing up.
We also have a pretty good trade fair going on Friday night.
We all get up very early on Saturday and head to the show for parking and then hit the Knob Creek cafe line for breakfast. I have some hotdogs and buns left over from the spring shoot(nobody showed) the dogs don't smell to bad yet but the buns are a bit fuzzy. We can have them for lunch in the parking lot on Saturday. Anybody that is interested in that event needs to show up in front of Cole's before noon. The folks at the campground wouldn't let Cone in untill someone vouched for him.
If anybody is interested send me some email and I'll give you my cell #.
ashiron@insightbb.com

#25 ·
Friday night at Knob Creek

I've dropped the hammer on a site for two nights. Looks like great weather for the shoot.
Will be me, my son, (16), and a friend or two. Do these sites have a cable hookup? Need to watch a game Saturday night, if possible! (Go Tigers!-not Geaux Tigers)
I've got a selection of Nagants that I need to move, I'll have them. Always looking for Lee-Enfields. Looking forward to the Nagant Snipers that have been buzzed about.
I've got a pretty mean dutch oven chicken pot pie, and my chocolate cherry dump cake is pretty good, too!. I look forward to meeting some of you'se guys!

#16 ·
i'm bringing pop up since zeebill said he couldn't make it, but we might have some floor space. ballcap's bringing that canned chili again, so i'll probably sleep in the truck, or maybe a nearby comfortable ditch. definitely a good trade show friday night.
btw, if you do bring a possum, please strip the fat off of it. never could stand that part of a possum.

y'all have a good day, Keith

#21 ·
Zeebill is setting up at the Fairmont Gunshow this weekend and the next weekend is my 45th High School Reunion so you are safe unless you are in the way on the way there! I have a wide path approach planned for both weekends so watch for low flying Toyota trucks. By the way Ted that chilli they make is really good and I will miss it although I guess Keith won't? Was it that bad? Sorry! Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.