Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There were a few there...some have been at other shows and not moved. I snagged a nice 43 Tikka M91...the bore is like new as is the rest of the rifle. Paid too much...$275 but the guy did drop down from $310. The other Finn is a 1938 Izhevsk..SA and 41 stamped, potbelly stock and a real interesting leather sling with oval buckles. Early Century import.."RUSSIA". It has a very good bore..is CB'ed. The buttplate has those =|= stampings and a 20 on the rear of plate. The bolt looks to be the original numbered to the receiver. I thought it was a real good snag at $120..although MRiddick was dissappointed that I didn't offer the guy $89.95..cause thats what they go for..it was tagged as a Russian.

View attachment 9196

View attachment 9197

View attachment 9198

View attachment 9199

View attachment 9200

View attachment 9201

View attachment 9202

View attachment 9203

View attachment 9204

View attachment 9205

View attachment 9206

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
I saw that Tikka today and if I didn't already have a minty '43 I would have snagged it. I think you did fine at that price as the piece is really unupgradeable. I never saw the '38 Izhevsk capture, you must have got that one early.

I had a pretty good day. Got a Swedish mauser as I was walking in for a song and bought near stone cold mint No.5Mk1 with wartime bayonet and a nice swiss 96/11 in the show. Overall it was a good show and the No.5 and long swiss are a couple rifles I have wanted for a long time but have never until today found any that talked to me.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you on the Swede Mauser...what date? Most of the Swedes I saw were about $100_$150 over what I would pay. Look for the Iranian UPS pilot with the two wheeled wire basket cart..not a joke..he usually has a Swede, Finn or some other interesting Mauser. I snagged the 38 Izhevsk capture about ten minutes after I came in the door...surprised it didn't get snagged Friday at set up. Did you see that M27 in the light colored sanded stock? Been at the last 3 shows. Sorry I missed you.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Coneten: The swede mauser is a 1907. Not that I needed another one but couldn't pass it up. If you are looking for one give me a hollar and we can probably work out a trade on something.

The #5 is almost perfect. I will have to post some pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts