Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a rifle my reciept says its a 24/47 i have a picture of it but not very good if I need to I will take better close up ones to get the info I needed, anyways its been refinished looks very cool but wondering why it was done like it was. its all (nickel plated ?) I really dont know nice like cherrywood finish on stock and has the nazi markings in three places. on the reciever the stock and i forget the other. if anybody has any input it would really be appreciated. I dont if the picture posted but can email if anybody is interested.
thanks
Rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not chrome plated and doesnt look anything like chrome its like a satin silver color like nickel. I'm not worried about collector grade or anything it is actually very clean looking just wanted to know why somebody did this .

·
Gold Bullet member
1,540 Posts
Welcome to the boards Rich.

It is definitely an interesting looking rifle. Why it was done? Probably the response given about a short bush-rifle for hunting. Though the refinish on the stock and metal seem excessive for a hunting gun.

I'd also like to see pics of the nazi markings. Yugoslavian 24/47's are M1924's (made in the 30's) that were reworked around 1947/48. So if there are legit nazi markings, they would have had to been stamped prior to the rework after the war. I would be surprised if the Yugoslavs would have left an enemies mark on on of their guns (presumably re-captured from the Germans) when they scrubbed many of the markings from the German k98's that they captured. Anyway, I won't CSI this thing to death...

Post some more pics!

T

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
I'd like to see some close-ups of the receiver area to see if it is brushed, plated, or whatever.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.