Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and thanks to all on Gunboards that have taught me so much so quickly. I just bought a small collection including my 1st Mossberg, a 46 Mb, which I think is VERY cool! Cleaned it up as best I could last night but I can not figure out how to remove the bolt! Does the screw in the bolt side need to be lossened or removed? Also, is there a schematic available for this or similar model? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
46 Mb bolt removal still not happening

Thanks, I knew that trick from the BSA Majestic I got but it is NOT working on the Mossberg. No matter how or when I pull the trigger back I can not get the bolt out. This gun has some home grown modifications to it such as removal of the front stock and band and repositioned front swivel and some pretty nicely done hand cut checkering on the pistol grip area and a recoil pad added, maybe to increase LOP, but that doesn't explain why the bolt won't come out. Could the trigger adjustment be set so that it effects bolt removal? I am thinking that maybe somehow the trigger pull is not coming all the way back and releasing the bolt stop, or whatever it is called. Any other ideas from those with experience? And thanks for the links to instructions and schematics!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found the problem but have new problem

Ok, found that someon had used incorrect length screws to mount the S130 sight and one was just a litttle bit long and hanging up on something. NEW problem is I took the trigger assembly apart and can not figure how the 1/2" long spring and hollow/open one end ,silver, 3/8" long cylinder, fit into the bolt. When I put it all back together, all is fine aceept trigger does not work. I am sure it is the spring and cyclinder but just don't get how it works. I may need to go to a gun smith but if anyone knows how please help.
Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured it out!

The spring and cylinder go into the trigger pressure screw. You probably knew that and now I do and it works! I won't take it apart again.
Thanks, i will try first, then write, next time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like you answered all of your questions.... These old gals are not rocket science and are pretty easy to work on... Just don't get in a hurry, and it helps to take a couple of close up pictures as you go, just to know where you have been... The too long a screw in the sight affecting the bolt is very common problem a lot of people run into....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.