Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this paratrooper rifle about two months ago,and now nothing about the as I am new to Japanese collecting. Can anyone tell me what type it is and an overall opinion of the rifle??? All comments are much welcome and appreciated. :?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
As mentioned, it is a Type 2 paratrooper made at the Nagoya arsenal. Around 21,000 rifles were manufactured so this rifle is in high demand by Japanese rifle collectors

It is a nice example with mum intact and matching halfs, but it is too bad that someone did a repair on the lower forend wood. It appears it was replaced with wood from a T99 rifle which was shortened to fit. The unnumbered upper barrel band is also a replacement and the cleaning rod is missing. Can't tell if the rod release button is the correct type.

- tge

·
Silver Bullet member
2,412 Posts
Its a type 2. And it looks perfect.
Perfect? Not with a duffle cut, who in the hell duffle cuts a take down rifle. This rifle was sporterized at some point and a new for stock and hanguard fitted. It also has a replacement front band which reinforces my hypothesis. This rifle should have a numbered frontband.

Josh if your gonna be saving money to spend on something high dollar you need to sharpen your skills, the faults on this rifle are pretty obvious.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
My bet is the forestock was cut to "sporterize" and later repaired; would explain the mismatched front band.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,136 Posts
All that being said you still have a very nice rifle. Don't find a lot with mum and all parts except the front band matching. If it were cut to be sportered it would have been cut behind the screw hole. Front part of stock could have been damaged, reason for added peice. Nice rifle anyway. riceone

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Perfect? Not with a duffle cut, who in the hell duffle cuts a take down rifle. This rifle was sporterized at some point and a new for stock and hanguard fitted. It also has a replacement front band which reinforces my hypothesis. This rifle should have a numbered frontband.

Josh if your gonna be saving money to spend on something high dollar you need to sharpen your skills, the faults on this rifle are pretty obvious.
I was tired, and I didnt see that picture. But other than that, this rifle looks good. I feel like an idiot lol. I wouldnt buy a gun with a mismatched front band anyway.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,412 Posts
Well to start, you have to know wether the rifle you are looking at should have a numbered front band or if it is one that originally came unnumbered. Not trying to pick on you, just constructive criticism. I would hate for you to spend all this time floating around here and make a bad choice when you step up to spend the big bucks.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Well to start, you have to know wether the rifle you are looking at should have a numbered front band or if it is one that originally came unnumbered. Not trying to pick on you, just constructive criticism. I would hate for you to spend all this time floating around here and make a bad choice when you step up to spend the big bucks.
I appreciate it also, if it werent for this site I wouldve gotten jacked a time or two. I dont even buy guns that I am not sure about. I have gotten to the point where I can tell if a gun has been refinished without even looking for proof marks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.