Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a carbine pretty muck like the one pictured in Skennertons book on page 453. left side of buttsocket is marked :Crown VR -1902-L.E.C.-1*. The right side is N Z-1059-1903. It is in about the same condition as the one pictured in the book . Ser # 130x. The bolt is mismatched ,but in the right serial range #1443. Bore is alittle dark ,but has good lands & grooves . Any help here for aball park value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
jth

·
Registered
227 Posts
Take a look at Coggansfields sticky up above that should give you a good idea on price
Or take my word that it is worthless (it is mismatched) and repatriate it back to NZ its true place
under the sun
It should fit in here somewhere!

·
Registered
409 Posts
11 May 2010
11:55pm

Yes, John's about right on $800+ for a private sale in the US. While only 1500 of these puppies were made, a surprisingly large number survives. Plus they tend to be in pretty iffy condition, given years of square bashing by Kiwi cadets.

I'll e-mail you privately for some more details on yours.

Coggansfield

P.S. Nice photo, Ray. I especially like the saddle bucket. Where'd you pick that up?

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,617 Posts
Take a look at Coggansfields sticky up above that should give you a good idea on price
Or take my word that it is worthless (it is mismatched) and repatriate it back to NZ its true place
under the sun
It should fit in here somewhere!
I'd say someone is just showing off. Nice photo and well done.

·
Registered
409 Posts
12 May 2010
1:40pm

The "DP" stamp won't impact the value in and of itself, unless it is indicative of something being wrong w/ the carbine. However, usually this is not the case. I have three of these things. All are "DP" stamped but none has anything wrong w/ it.

Your message hasn;t arrived yet but I expect it will, so thanks in advance.

Coggo

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry, those are not my carbines
Most of those have "issues" bottom one wrong magazine and the top one has new fore wood etc and were for sale hence the picture
These on the other hand are mine

Ranging from the Snider, Martini, NZ L/E, and No 5
The buckets come up for sale quite frequently here
I have mentioned it before but when we did cadets at High School a whole section (of little third formers) had NZ Carbines hence the banging around while square bashing and mixed bolts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts