Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone loading up for the comeing year?

I just prepped and primed a couple hundred 30 carbine cases to load up with some 2400 and 110 gr round nose SP. I've got some 240 grain xtp's on the way for my new 629 Classic in 44 mag and a bunch of cases and bullets ordered to load for my FAL. Also, I am still tweaking loads for my CZ 550 in 6.5x55. I still have a bunch of calibers waiting their turn in the future. (303, 8MM, 7mm mauser)

G

·
Right now I'm working my way thru 2k 0f .223. All trimmed, crimp removed about half primed. After that I have about 3k of .223 brass to process but I may put that off for awhile. Processing .223 is tedious. I might do some more 45. I have rifle loads to work up but I have to wait on that. I can't shoot high power rifle for awhile yet because I had neck surgery. I've loaded a lot of pistol in the last few weeks. I plan on doing some 30 carbine and 44 mag next.

Jim

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
My latest reloading has been 8mm. I had accumulated a fair number of cases from our local rifle range and also made quite a few out of 30-06 cases. I've got a load that gives me about 2400 fps. That is roughly equivalent to where I have found most Yugo 8mm to be and about 400 fps slower than Turk 8mm. Accuracy is good and a little less recoil for my aging shoulder...

Did some .223 right after Christmas because my daughter gave me an RCBS case prep center that I had to try out. It works great and really takes the chore out of chamferring and deburring...

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
What am I reloading ? A lot of everything !! When the road to the range isn't plowed, I'll spend the days sizing, prepping, priming and loading as much as possible. That adds up to a lot if yor've got 20 die sets !!!!!!

regards....roger

·
PlatinumBullet Member
19,948 Posts
I have already cast for the 8x57 but am now starting to cast for the 357, 45acp and 30carbine also. So I will be loading for all four to work up loads and just have fun shooting. Will continue to load for the .223 also and trying heavier weight bullets to see how it effects the accuracy of my Mini. Haven't started casting for the .223 yet though. That will be my next 'venture.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
In the comming days:

6.5 Greek MS.. 8mm Murata and 10.4 Italian Vetterli. Then I think I need to go back to the beginning and load up some .204 and 8mm lebel.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have been working on accuracy loads in .40 S&W with 180 Winchester+Hornady XTP HP and 8x56R with resized Hornady .338 225gr SP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts