Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have another new rifle. It is a Voere Cougar made in Austria. My question is who made the action. I know that Voere used old military 98 actions and then commercial Mauser actions such as Santa Barbara. My action looks like a Santa Barbara however on the left side of the receiver it has a thumb slot but no stripper clip slots, so I am confused.
As you can hopefully read from the photos the bolt number matches the receiver number.

Thanks to all you experts for the help.
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Machine gun Wood
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Machine gun Wood
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Wood
Grille Hood Netbook Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Brown Gas Tints and shades
Cloud Atmosphere Automotive lighting Sky Hood
Fixture Water Auto part Metal Gas

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I just followed your Thread up in the "Mauser" Forum. The suggestion to move it here was good & proper. You should have considered including a cross reference here, since by the time it appeared here, you already had a number of responses there.
So... Anyone wishing to contribute should probably go up there and read the comments.
Not trying to Hijack, just clarification & making most productive to assist!
Best & Stay Safe
John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just followed your Thread up in the "Mauser" Forum. The suggestion to move it here was good & proper. You should have considered including a cross reference here, since by the time it appeared here, you already had a number of responses there.
So... Anyone wishing to contribute should probably go up there and read the comments.
Not trying to Hijack, just clarification & making most productive to assist!
Best & Stay Safe
John
OK
However BTW the rules for these forums are a bit complex for us newcomers to follow. One expert tells me to go to this forum even though I think that maybe my Voere is a old 98. So I come here and get told to go back to the other one.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
OK
However BTW the rules for these forums are a bit complex for us newcomers to follow. One expert tells me to go to this forum even though I think that maybe my Voere is a old 98. So I come here and get told to go back to the other one.
Sir, You misconstrue, moreover mischaracterize my Post. My words offered "guidance" not "rules". It spoke of "options" not "mandates"! The very phrase..."you should have considered..." relates to "choices", not "rules", to which I made no reference whatsoever.
Concerning my "redirection" commentary the term "should probably", as a 'suggested election', differs absolutely from interpretation of "told to", as 'a mandate!
Moreover, full irony! "Redirection" commentary itself for benefit of potential "contributors", unaware of your same subject Thread in progress elsewhere. . The suggested purpose 'read it,' to catch up. Why SIr, would I redirect you back to read your own Thread?
Believe you hit the 'nuke launch' button in frustration before understanding content! If so, 'Been there, done that' myself! :)

Your rifle is interesting and your Thread with interesting issues/comments which appear to be achieving knowledgeable & well considered responses. "Newcomers" are welcome & congrats on the Thread!
Best & all do stay safe!
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.