Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Platinum Bullet member
19,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rob... will they allow setting up to the left of the line, in the dirt? Some of the heavy MG's are hard to work with on the concrete between the benches... also, will they allow additional targets (i.e. bowling pins, steel, paper etc.)?

Edit: Just read the range rules on their website... from the several shoots I have been to these might be a problem!

10. Target stands and paper targets are available at the Range Office. **Please do not shoot at anything
on the ground including cans, rocks**, golf balls, bottles, etc. to prevent a possible ricochet-type injury.
Breakable and explosive targets are not permitted.
11. **Use of alcohol** and/or drugs, or being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs while at the range is
strictly prohibited, and will be dealt with severely by the Board of the MSC.
I don't think there will be any problem setting up off the concrete as long as it's even with the firing line. Nope, no hard targets. We can get some torso type targets to put on the stands. Steel plates always scare me ever since I hit my daughter with a ricochet many years ago. At the place where I used to shoot in Commiefornia some guys set up a 1/2" steel plate at 50 yards and I left.
We'll just have to suck it up on the alcohol. If I can do it anyone can ;) There will be plenty of time for that at the restaurants and at the hotel.

· Platinum Bullet member
19,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rob,

I am glad you and Doug are keeping this annual event going. Jim put a lot of effort on this in the past and it seems both of you have a great plan for the future engagements. Look forward in going and helping you guys out where I can.

Russ
Russ, have you been to our shoots before? You may have made some that I didn't.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.