Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I built myself a rifle rack a while back when I was getting too many mosins to store! Now I had to consolidate quite extensively, but I got bored today and decided to build a new rack.

The new one is basically the same as my old one, but the bottom has dividers, and felt lined. I also added a cleaning rod spot on each end for a couple rods. They sell these things for upwards of $100, but I built mine for about $30 and an hour of time.

Anyways here's some pics!
Product Furniture Table Shelf Rectangle
Wood Furniture Table Plywood
Product Wood Furniture

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Very Nice! Yours is probably more sturdy and better made than the Chinese $100 rack too...Every guy apreciates a nice Rack ; )

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Nice job! Those look very much like ones I built for the youth firearms classes. Put two of them back to back with a hinge on top and chains to control the spread, each side staggerd so the barrels would clear the other side.

They provided safe stable storage of the guns while on the range.

·
Diamond Member
712 Posts
Really nice !! Can I ask - did you make it from plans or by "eye" ? I need to build a custom width rack like this for our camp - I like your design better than the ones I see online.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, its always nice to get a little appreciation for your work!

Really nice !! Can I ask - did you make it from plans or by "eye" ? I need to build a custom width rack like this for our camp - I like your design better than the ones I see online.
The first one I did was by eye, and this one was done by eye too because my first one was left at a relitives place. Just a plan I did up in my head.

that is really nice. this is what i built for myself a few months ago. its all from scrap and the only money i spent was $19 on the deadbolt View attachment 303346 View attachment 303345
Thats cool, the nice thing too is it doesn't really look like a "gun cabinet" per say other than the dead bolt..... which would be the only thing that would give it away.

Nice job, id buy one if you made it!
I could make one if you wanted one, but I'm not in the business to mass produce them. PM me and we can talk if you're interested.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thats cool, the nice thing too is it doesn't really look like a "gun cabinet" per say other than the dead bolt..... which would be the only thing that would give it away.
thats one of the reasons i made it that way, hidden in plain sight. the dead bolt was a compromise, i wanted security but couldnt find a way to lock it without being an obvious lock

1 - 14 of 14 Posts