Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start with, I have the @#%! book. Started getting cross-eyed. Trying to find how matching, or mismatching this thing is. Tokyo Arsenal, no series 1,800,xxx. 100% blue, with Mum. Perfect bore. All parts except the bolt. lower tang, and floorplate, have what looks like a horseshoe, and a number "9". On the wood, the character before the "9", looks more like the kanji "ko" than a horseshoe. Bolt is 479, and matches itself. Fireing pin, is rounded, with no numbers. 1st pattern safety knob. Lower tang, and floorplate match, so I assume the entire triger guard assembly was replaced. Wood appears to have original finish. Duffle cut, and repaired. So, what do I have gentlemen?

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
6,134 Posts
The orignal assembly number seems to be つ9, but from your description the bolt and trigger guard assy / bottom tang seems to have a different mismatched assy number. Since the Tokyo Type 38 has been around for quite a long time and seen many years of service, most all of them has some part mismatched, expect of course the "Dawgs" minty Tokyo 38.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Edokko. I assume, the last digit "9" on the bolt, is not the same as the mark, and "9" on everything else? What is the approx. date of mfg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts