Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
Picked up a very nice Nambu Type 14 rig yesterday. I will post pics as soon as I figure out the new boards. The gun came with 2 matching magazines, original lanyard, capture tag, and after looking closer I also see that the holster is numbered to the gun along with some Japanese writing. I am going off of memory because I am at work and the pistol is at home but it is dated 17.11 with the large trigger guard. I have several other nambu rigs but nothing as complete as this one. How common are serialed holsters to the pistol?
Thanks
David

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Picked up a very nice Nambu Type 14 rig yesterday. I also see that the holster is numbered to the gun along with some Japanese writing.How common are serialed holsters to the pistol?
Very uncommon to find a properly matched (numbered) pistol and holster. Please do post some photos when you can.

C/

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Congrats on a very good find by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
I will try to post some pics tonight. Somthing else I noticed was that the grips are also serialed to the gun. I have several other nambus and have never really noticed this, that may be an oversight on my part though. This pistol just shows that there is alot of stuff out there waiting to be found. It came into a local shop from a young couple along with a beutiful Colt 1911 with a manufacturing date of 1917 with a mint 1916 dated holster.
Thanks
David

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
very interesting! the bring back tag looks exactly like the one i just bought a month ago. any other stamps or writing on the tag?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
A partial translation of the penciled kanji apparently indicates the family name "Kanemori" or "Kanamori." When it comes to personalized identification inside holster flaps, I'm used to seeing pasted paper labels with written (inked) characters and/or numbering. The fact that these markings are penciled in, as opposed to being inked or written on a paper label, gives me a little reason for suspicion, however, the characters appear to be properly written. Takehito - what say you?

C/

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post some better pics when I have some sunlight. I do not think it is pencil. It seems to be a sort of ink. Here are some more pics I took indoors with flash. What do you think?
David

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I will post some better pics when I have some sunlight. I do not think it is pencil. It seems to be a sort of ink. Here are some more pics I took indoors with flash. What do you think? David
The earlier, better contrast photos were easier to see. Please do post some photos taken in sunlight.

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Chip, you're spot on again. Kanamori (or Kanemori) Gunso (sergeant). And the writing is right-on ! genuine !
Man, that is one fabulous complete rig ! Were there any cleaning rods or spare firing pins in the holster ?

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Yes, they were, but a rig with matching spare firing pins are very tough to find. Regradless, you got a real nice set. As we all get curious, how much was it ?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Edokko
I bought it with a nice 1917 dated Colt 1911 that was brought in by the same person. I would say I am into it for about $800.00 maybe a little less as I do not stay current with Colt prices because everytime I look they amaze me even more.
Thanks Again
David

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello David :
Beautifull set, figured you had to have bought both !, if you hadn't you would have been a fool. The T-14 is a steal . :))
Vicasoto

·
Gold Bullet member
13,446 Posts
Beautiful rig. Very nice pistol.

I have collected 1911s for 20 years. I do not buy one often these days due to prices. An original 1917 in 90% condition will go in the $2000-2500 range. 97% gun will near $4000. That is assuming original barrel and mag. That will give you a ballpark value. Nice holsters are over $100, depending.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts