Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would show off my new toy a M76. looks pretty good but weather is nasty so will have to wait on taking it to the range.
Jason

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the grats everyone, yes this is a century built one that they had over at Centerfire. The only thing I can report that I had an issue with was the amount of dust that was on the rifle, lol, it must have been sitting awhile. It came with what you saw in the pics, bayonet, tools, cleaning rod, two mags and the sling all and all not to bad if she shoots decent. Hope for some range time tomorrow but if not then in 3 weeks when I get back from work.
Jason

·
Copper Bullet member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took the new toy out to the range to try it out. Light wind, around 42 degrees, foot to foot and a half of snow still on the ground, target at 150 yds to get started. I fired four magazines through the rifle with only one mag giving me problems, I am assuming it was the fact that I did not clean this one as I had the other to remove all of the preservative. What the mag would do is on the BHO after the last round it would shove the nose of the follower to the bottom of the magazine. It still had some sticky crud in it so I will clean it and try it again when I am home in 6 weeks. For accuracy the first two mags let me figure out the scope and get it to the paper, pretty standard scope set up really. Then the last two mags were for score. At first it was all over the place and I was not sure if it was me, the rifle or the rest I was using. Then I noticed that the entire scope mount would shift back in it's mount after the first shot. The locking lever was tight but it would still shift. After I figured this out I would move the scope back into position (1/8" forward) and resume fire. With the last 7 shots at 150 yds light wind from the rear left qtr, at 1 round a minute I achieved just over 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" on the paper. This was using what I believe is Yugo 1953 ammo, it is marked HH-05-79 9/53. I don't know how good this ammo is or not but this was just a test anyway. When I get back home it will be time to feed it some commercial loads and see what we get, after I figure out the scope mount and why it is not holding position, does anyone know hoe to adjust the locking lever to make it tighter?. Well talk to you guys in 6 weeks.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,354 Posts
Under 2" groups at 150 yds with crappy Yugo ammo and he's complaining about a loose mount!

Seriously, if the yugo mount is the same as the soviet type go to Kalinkaoptics.com and see the manual for adjusting the mount. The most critical thing is to make sure the mount locks in the complete forward position on the rail. No amount of tension will prevent the mount from walking forward if it is not locked in its forward postion.

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.