Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've been a collecor of non-US milsurps for a while now but am always looking for something new. At a pawn shop today I saw a M1 Carbine, Inland, with an Inland barrel dated from '43. It appearears complete except for a missing rear sight and the handguard appeared to be inletted for the front end of a scope. I'm guessing it had a rear sight replacement scope mount at some time (?). Anyways, asking price is $400. I know this is somewhat limited information as I'm new to the game and don't know what to look for. Does this sound like a good price for a mostly complete carbine? Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
629 Posts
Has a owner of two Inlands, you can find USGI rear sights and a USGI hand guard to match. If he is asking 400 try talking him down that why they call it a pawn shop. $400 is still a good price for it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Overall condition counts

But since you have collected other milsurps for a while , you know the general appearence
and condition indicators. If the carbine is in decent mechanical shape , little or no rust, no other issues , nice bore etc, etc. , I might be inclined to grab it and run
$400.00 is likely to be a very safe price for a decent GI M1
Carbine. The bad news is it takes more info to tell if this one is OK .
If it was commercial , not GI, then all bets would be off. You likely already made sure you know it is a real Inland,from the reciever, not just the barrel or other parts.
CMP Inlands went for around $520 delivered to the door. Look around for pic's & info on those.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
M1 carbine for $400

Hello. I payed $600 for my Inland carbine that was a "walk in" at a gun show. After tearing it apart I found that it's 80-85% correct. If the overall condition is good, I'd say go for it! You can always find the correct parts from dealers or at shows.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Check muzzle wear, one with a high reading would drop value dramatically as USGI barrles are hard to find ans expensive

·
Registered
493 Posts
To: kenb

I'm curious as to the inletting of the hand guard for a front scope mount. Were mounting holes drilled into the barrel? This would affect price. This inletting also made me think of the T3 sniper carbine which, I believe, would also have an inletted hand guard. Inland did produce less than a thousand T3 sniper carbines which command extremely high prices.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear sight was replaced with a scope mount thing. No other drilling. Obviously a home hack job on the handguard.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,316 Posts
Still a good price if the bore is strong and bright, IMHO. Handguard and rear sights aren't too expensive to replace.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I did buy it. Bore is like new. Using the very unscientific M2 bullet test there appears to be little if any wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts