Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I stopped by one of my favorite shops and found a Russian SKS. Price was $349, which is average for them in my neck of the woods. I believe it is a Tula, but during refurb, the receiver cover was scrubbed. I took it to the range today for test firing. Pretty boring experience. I didn't even have to tweak the sights. Just aim at the clay out a 50 yards, pull the trigger and watch it disintegrate. Pic below:

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Nice looking rifle. What do you mean by the receiver cover is scrubbed? Have the numbers on the back been scrubbed, or the top where the arsenal marking and date are? What's scrubbed about it, ie. ground off? Is it obviously scrubbed or just blank? Is there a star on the left receiver rail? What about some pics of the cover...?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no markings on the receiver cover other than the faint refurb mark. Thinking of it, it is probably just a replacement part. It does have a serial number that matches the rest of the rifle. The original stock serial number is Xed out and a new matching serial number was stamped into it. There is a star on the left receiver rail. I believer that denotes that it is a Tula. If I am not too careful I make take to liking it more than my Cinese SKS's.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Your rifle isn't scrubbed....it came that way. Plain top, number on back. That is indicative of the late 1955, early 1956 rifle with the star on the left receiver rail. Good find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.