Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been lurking around reading the SKS posts trying to learn more about my latest acquisition, a 1954 Russian SKS (my first). I believe it has not been through an arsenal rebuild program; it does not have any forced matches (no line-outs, arsenal markings, etc.) and all parts numbers match (that I can see). It came with a cleaning kit in the butt, and has the bayonet and cleaning rod. I haven't been to the range yet, but that's on my list of things to do.
My question is about the sling. I have a Chinese SKS sling (so I’ve been told) and have been trying to determine what would be the correct Russian (marked or unmarked) sling and how would I tell the difference. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
402 Posts
NICE!!!
I always wanted a ruskie
How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Russian SKS was $355 plus tax, or $385 out the door. Not a great deal, but certainly reasonable in my neighborhood.
Seeing the picture of the sling (thanks mriddick) has sparked my memory; about six months ago I found one in a box, and sold it for $15 because I didn't know what it was for. Rats!

·
Registered
402 Posts
yea 385$ for a ruiskie all matching like that is pretty good, I live in NC too.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,086 Posts
This was a good deal - great rifle, great price, IMO! I believe that it IS NOT re-arsenaled... All original! Congrats...
Agreed. Appears to have the original blue finish rather than the black of the refurbs. Nice

·
Banned
20,922 Posts
Expect to pay at least $20 to $30 for a Russian strap....

.... but do it! By the looks of the inspection cartouches around the front crossbolt, you have yourself a fine non-refurb Tula which will command $500 or more for a collector.

Nice gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.