Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this ol gal from a local gunshop thanks. My first PU sniper,and I’m very excited to take her out. Numbers match on all the metal bits, but not on the mount. I noticed the inside of the stock had the serial scratched into it, is that common? She has some minor corrosion to the bottom of the reciever, but nothing major. Let me know your thoughts!

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,245 Posts
Yep, something isn't right about it, starting with the stock. Hope to give it a better once over when I get home today.
Also, the bolt body started life on a midwar Izhevsk non-PU, and that bent handle was 100% probability done after import.

Still, the scope and mount are real, and the OP could still be coming out OK if strictly looking for a range gun (depending on price paid, of course).

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, the bolt body started life on a midwar Izhevsk non-PU, and that bent handle was 100% probability done after import.

Still, the scope and mount are real, and the OP could still be coming out OK if strictly looking for a range gun (depending on price paid, of course).
I was mostly getting it for a range gun, and something to actually be able to shoot during all this mess. I’m not super clear on the concept of re-snipering. Was it a sniper to begin with and just had the changes remade to it? Or how does that work

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ex-sniper or resnipering means It WAS a legit sniper when it was made then decommissioned post-war and refurbished as a regular infantry rifle and then stored for WW3.
When imported to the US, the parts were acquired and was restored back into sniper configuration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.