Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It's actually not a family discount 不. The shop owner can't sell it. No one shoots it in my area and he's had it on the shelf for 15 years. Those who do he tells them it's all click bang and they pass.
I had some Yugoslav surplus 8mm like that once. I blessed one of my friends with it.

Registered
I had some Yugoslav surplus 8mm like that once. I blessed one of my friends with it.
HAHA. When my friends want to go shooting and don't want to spring for ammo, I take 1940's dated .303 and the 7.5 french. If they want to shoot the Mauser I let them shoot the Turkish ammo, they usually only shoot 5 rounds and are done with it :D 不 不

Registered
Actually if you can find the white box 7.5 French ammo Aim sold a few years ago at a show it will go bang

Registered
Actually if you can find the white box 7.5 French ammo Aim sold a few years ago at a show it will go bang
All the stuff I get is plastic wrapped on stripper clips. I use it up, it's blaster ammo. I will convert it and reload it eventually.

Attachments

Registered
The stuff AIM sold was like this and it all went off.

IMG_3672.jpg
IMG_3669.jpg
IMG_3670.jpg

I am surprised any of that 1938 dated stuff actually went bang. AIMs was 1960-1980s, batches varied by date.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
HAHA. When my friends want to go shooting and don't want to spring for ammo, I take 1940's dated .303 and the 7.5 french. If they want to shoot the Mauser I let them shoot the Turkish ammo, they usually only shoot 5 rounds and are done with it :D 不 不
None of my friends are interested milsurps. My son-in-law sometimes comes with me. Since 7.62x54 is not as expensive, I usually take one of my Mosins to the range.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

Registered
The stuff AIM sold was like this and it all went off
I am surprised any of that 1938 dated stuff actually went bang. AIMs was 1960-1980s, batches varied by date.
For the price it does alright. My friends get to shoot a milsurp ww2 french gun so we're all happy. Just don't try to group it, not gonna happen.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
For the price it does alright. My friends get to shoot a milsurp ww2 french gun so we're all happy. Just don't try to group it, not gonna happen.
usually when I shoot at distances greater then 25 yards, my groups are more like shotgun patterns.

Registered
It should be a tack driver unless someone took the action out of the stock.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

The finish on the screws looks like they never been removed. the stock is nice and tight, no play at all.
its one of my favorites. I have no buyers remorse. its a beautiful design. I do have a nice bruise on my shoulder from it though. I should have had my shoulder pad on.

Registered

Trust me, with 1930's ammo, it's no tack driver. It's not the guns fault I have no doubt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The finish on the screws looks like they never been removed. the stock is nice and tight, no play at all.
its one of my favorites. I have no buyers remorse. its a beautiful design. I do have a nice bruise on my shoulder from it though. I should have had my shoulder pad on.

Thanks for the link to the article about the MAS 36, its a great over view.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts