Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just picked up a G41 from a friend of mine- it has a repro stock and bands, the rest is original and matching.
He made handloads with a powder I don't have- does anyone have any recommended starting loads with 4895 or RL15 powder? He was using 4064, which is in between my two in burn rates. I'm thinking reloder 15 would be easier on the rifle with the slower burn rate.

Also, I'm looking for a center trigger guard screw if anyone knows of one for sale. I found a set of three online (in europe), which I'll order if it comes to that.

Any other tips and tricks for firing these? I gave it a once over, added a bit of grease to the bolt group, and it seems ready to go. My friend has fired it with his loads, and I believe I have shot this very rifle some time ago.

I may pick up a repro handguard too- I know the originals can be delicate and hard to find. It can go to my 'carefully store this' pile.

Thanks!

-Dave

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update- I used the starting load of 40gr RL15 with a 198gr .323 bullet- rifle cycles, shoots very soft, and quite accurate. I'll probably just stick with the starting load from now on- it's smooth and soft and unlikely to batter anything.

Brass damage is minimal for an old semi auto with this load.

If it's cycling with the starting load, I'd imagine military loads were beating the snot out of these rifles...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.