Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago I could not start a new post..the "new post" screen was giant and there were no defined fields in which to type and for me anyway if was a "fail"..
So I went to microsoft "internet tools" and flushed all my cookies and other cached stuff, everywhere.
I also logged off and deleted "Gunboards.com" from my favorites list.
Problem solved, I can now start new posts and the Gunboards system in general runs much smoother for me..happy/happy.
Last week same problem crops up so I do the same thing, same results...happy again.
This morning can't start new post AGAIN..soooo, I delete the whole shebang AGAIN and now I can start new posts (and the flow of typed letters as I input them on my keyboard are no longer herky-jerky or delayed just a tad..FWIW).
Is my inability to start new posts a result of incremental upgrade stuff, or is my system constipated or what?
I am getting a little tired of having to reset all my passwords everywhere (including my bank) in order to clear out corrupted cookies here...or am I full of it?

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
Chasdev what browser are you using? Did you clear your temp internet files as well? The issue your telling us about is not us as we have done nothing in the past 3 weeks. So it appears that your getting a corrupt cookie after a time. Are you logging in using the remember me box? If you are on anything other then IE8 or Firefox let me know. You can check by going to the top of the tool bar on the browser at the top left and click on help. It will tell you what version your on. Let me know.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on Internet explorer 8 on a Windows Vista home basic system along with whatever updates it auto loads at night...I do use the "remember me" box.
I cleared everything I could find to click on to activate the "clear" function so I guess the temps went/go too...?
Not a big deal really but it has me scratching my head and as I am going bald already, it could become critical...hair wise...

·
Silver Bullet member
410 Posts
You will save alot of hair if you just switch to mozilla firefox. I had ie8 and had to update it to work here, but after using firefox I have noticed that everything is running faster.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to run firefox but when we bought this puter we just left it alone....

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
Vista has some permission issues that we are looking to solve. Its seems the characters from keyboard to PC monitoir to forum is herky jerky for some reason on some PC;s with Vista.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been trying for weeks to open a new thread..

I can post in existing threads (like this one)

I have killed all cookies /Temp INTERNET files and favorite links etc

I have shut down my firewall /anti virus

everything

I am running xp sp3 with all the latest updates - its a sweet and well sorted system with no problems anywhere on the web

I run ie 7 is which is a very sorted browser and not as error prone as ie 8. I use it to download my stocks etc and never a problem

I have reset my advanced options in ie 7 to the default

I cannot open a new thread whatever I do

I know there are many more like me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.