Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up a while back locally. Thought I'd take some pictures this evening. I like the stock finish seeping out everywhere. Also if you look at the red arrow there is a bristle stuck in the finish, just thought that was cool.

Attachments

·
Kryptonite member
5,764 Posts
Is there a sling swivel on the rear barrel band? If not that's one of the first rope sling rifles.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,303 Posts
Maybe we need to differentiate between "rope hole" rifles and "rope slung rifles". My 23rd series Kokura has a braded rope sling named to the soldier and numbered to the rifle.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,358 Posts
CC around here the learnin' is free. And yes a rope sling rifle has a single screw rear swivel. I have one example but it's put away at the moment. It's an 11th series serial 83XXX.
It sure is and I never tire of picking up cool little new nuggets of info. Would enjoy seeing your 83k range 11th series the next time you bust it out. I recently picked up a matching rope hole 11th in the 95k range with no dust cover slot. I know these aren't super rare but I am enjoying it.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I recently picked up a matching rope hole 11th in the 95k range with no dust cover slot. I know these aren't super rare but I am enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

CC that would be from the second group of rope hole rifles. The first group is from about 85,000 to 89,000 then they went back to a single screw rear swivel. Then @94000 the rope holes started again.
Roughly 10,000 11th series rope hole rifles made. Maybe not rare but not common either. Congrats.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Very very nice. That is a rope sling rifle. The rope would have been put on the barrel / hand guard area, The other end would have been woven through the swivel to retain it on the rifle.

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome! I just figured parts where missing when I saw the rear band. About how many of this variation are thought to exist? I was previously unaware of it, only having seen the rope hole rifles. Thanks for all the info.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Awesome! I just figured parts where missing when I saw the rear band. About how many of this variation are thought to exist? I was previously unaware of it, only having seen the rope hole rifles. Thanks for all the info.
Quantity? No idea. An interesting variation, but not "rare".

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it should do for my only arisaka example, I love it. Can't beat the price either, thanks for all the input.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.