Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a C stock on my excellent shooting 03A3 but now the accuracy I had before is gone. The fit is good and I have upward tip pressure as recomended but my groups are not even close to what I was getting before with the same loads.Anyone have any ideas to try?less pressure ?More?I am using light cast loads in the 1700-1800 fps. range and the before groups were honest and consistant 1.5 moa for 10 rds. now I am lucky to achieve 3moa for 10 rds. I just cant figure it out and match season is here so I gotta get her shooting good again. HELP!!!

Tim

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The simple solution is to put the old stock back on the rifle. Is the C stock a real GI item or aftermarket? There is a bedding issue that you have not discovered yet.

Edit: Is there a stock bushing for the rear guard screw? If the stock is aftermarket, the bushing could be too long.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Some times It take few shots to let gun settle into stock.that why some shooters . don't take guns fully apart. Cast rounds is the bore leaded up.Did you shoot the gun the same day with old stock on.your using light loads.The powder and air space in the case. or to different stocks one a cstock and one is not.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,513 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Seriously, assuming it's a legit C stock, and the bedding is good, it should shoot well. I wouldn't give up on it until I'd run a good 100 round or so through the piece, though, just to make sure the rifle is well settled into the stock.

One other random thought is that your body position is going to be slightly different with a C stock, due to the different configuration of the buttstock. That might just be enough to contribute to throwing your groups off a bit, at least until you adapt to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts