Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from fishing and several on the forum has asked for info on new scope acquisiton:

Shibaura #10110
Assembly # 549
Rifle Issue #2333

Sent Vic the information also for his files...looks like a new Shibaura scope number and also new rifle issue number...Vic has some files on Shibura 4x scopes and rifle issue numbers...looks like early Shibaura scope serial is #9983 and highes around #10,469. All the reported scopes within this scope serial range were issued to early Nag. rifles..starting with #1291 and ending with 3294...(One Rogue #9780) Vic will be able to "fine tune" this as my files are a couple of years "old"..

Fishing was lousy..

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Vic: Mike had it mostly 'spot on' and knew you would have additional comments about Shibaura Mfg. Serials and reported rifle issue serails. Sure looks like a very high percentage were indeed issued to many of the first 4000 serialled Nagoya 99's (except #9861) Ever thought of writing a new book on the subject???? Correct on "426"..but will leave "392" to rat rod crowd...Give K. a "hug and kiss" from Chico

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Don: Yes, those 392 Hemi's really had some top end power...used them and still do in some of the nostagia fuel dragster...I am sure you remember Don Garlits..and I think he ran nothing but the big "392" Hemi's...those were the days...did you keep your New Yorker?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.