Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I show my Thousandth bayonet. All but 2 of my S84/98 WWII are matching. One has a blank scabbard, the other a pyy44 off by about 1000 numbers! I got this one mainly because it has an early production, second year with bakelite grips. Ofcourse it has early Waffenampt, and marked in places not marked as war progressed. I have a snapshot of my 999 & 1000th bayonet way back. They were Dutch Beaumont M73 sabre bayonets my local hardware/gun store just got in. Fortunately, I got the call!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Hello the piece was most real refurbished in war, as the S184G should have a wooden grips, is possible the piece was reblued, the plastic grips by correct refurbishment were reserialed innerly.b.r.Andy

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Andy, Does that imply they didn't use bakelite grips in 1936? I can see the head of screw bolt is messed up. I guess like you said, piece was reblued & grips replaced. I could not detect the odor of gun blue used to touch up metal. The grips look like they've been in use! Thanks for input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.