Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its new to me anyway.

43 Izhevsk with matching slide, barrel and frame. No rebuild marks that I can find with no import marks or add on safety, was caked in old carbon and dried up grease. Finish is about 75 percent and definitely has the been there done that look. Barrel was dark yet it cleaned up nice and shiny. Magazine is non matching, Tula marked with lanyard ring.

Edit to add. Has wartime wood checkered grips.

What's the period correct 43 era holster?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not sure what the correct one would be, if there even is one. I have seen quite a variety of holsters with these pistols. I own a 1942 Izhevsk, matching, no rebuild marks, and it came with a leather holster.
Footwear Brown Shoe Leg Human body

Sleeve Bag Collar Wood Jacket

Human body Wood Flooring Hardwood Human leg

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure the pepple grain gray type holsters are post war, and I see those are pretty common on ebay..

Nice holster BTW. I'll be looking for one like that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, its new to me anyway.

43 Izhevsk with matching slide, barrel and frame. No rebuild marks that I can find with no import marks or add on safety, was caked in old carbon and dried up grease. Finish is about 75 percent and definitely has the been there done that look. Barrel was dark yet it cleaned up nice and shiny. Magazine is non matching, Tula marked with lanyard ring.

Edit to add. Has wartime wood checkered grips.

What's the period correct 43 era holster?
Dorian Motowylak makes amazing reproductions, can send his info if interested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts