Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This sat on the shelf for the last 2 years or more and no one ever bought it. I couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted a shooter so I can take it easy on my Yugo rework and my byf 44. For a supposed bastard gun it looks nice. They even let me check the headspace with a field gauge before I bought it. Was it common for the Russians to modify the followers to make the bolt closeable on an empty chamber? Or maybe they pulled a VZ24 follower off the pile of parts?
Woops almost forgot the pics:
Musical instrument Metal
Tool accessory
Gun Wood Trigger Shotgun
Text Material property Font Wood Metal

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,736 Posts
Vz24 follower or other Mauser large ring 98 "close on no ammo" follower most likely. I have a z marked vz24 follower in my RC that I purchased from rguns.... so thats the way the soviets did mine

Very nice CE42 btw!!!!! Usually JP Sauer's unique polishing process made the code markings barely visable, especially the year. The top acceptance proof looks to have been deeply stamped on your example. I love that crisp E/37 top receiver proof. Great buy! How the bore?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bore is dark but no serious pitting. Slightly better than your average Mosin Nagant in my estimation. Paid $400. Not a great deal but I got to see it before I bought it. Where I live theres not a plethora of gun stores within short driving distance, so its on "okay" deal i thought.

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,736 Posts
Bore is dark but no serious pitting. Slightly better than your average Mosin Nagant in my estimation. Paid $400. Not a great deal but I got to see it before I bought it. Where I live theres not a plethora of gun stores within short driving distance, so its on "okay" deal i thought.
Given the current RC market prices it's a fair deal IMO.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
looks like ivan got one right (sorrta) looks 'period correct' less possably the flat lam. script CE 42.
question. i know sauer did both 'script'(like writing) and 'straight' (like 'spelling) ce's, when was the time period? did they over lap?
hows it shoot?

·
Copper Bullet member
543 Posts
I passed up a really nice RC at Cabelas about a year back at $350 because I felt it was overpriced. There have been times I've wished I'd sprung on it. $400, like it or not, isn't a terrible price for an RC these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.