Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just came in Saturday while I was out of state - ah, Arizona was a breath of fresh air that smelled kinda like "freedom"!
This was on the Trader Board & I was gonna pass on it due to the mismatched bolt. Then, I gave it a closer look & it sorta grew on me. I liked the clunky flat topped upper band but it looked, to me, like the bore was off center with the barrel. Sure enough it is! I've not seen that before on these rifles. Note how far the front sight is off center to, no doubt, correct for this. Nice piece overall! Has interesting "O" markings in the stock on both sides of the rear sight. The bolt, mismatched as it is, is still a late Jinsen. Here's some photos.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Are you certain it's a mismatch? The bolt serial numbers of most Jinsen T-99s are so badly struck, it's very difficult to ascertain whether they're matching or not.

C/

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Chip, wish I could cop to that. Definitely a mismatch, but still a neat piece.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Yeah Chip, wish I could cop to that. Definitely a mismatch, but still a neat piece.
Yep, I figured you'd know about this, but thought I'd ask anyway. Of all the Jinsen T-99s I've owned over the years (8-10), only 1-2 can be said to have clearly matching numbers.

C/

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
Very nice, ugly SLD Jinsen. Congrats on having a broad enough mind to buy a mismatched rifle.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, ugly SLD Jinsen. Congrats on having a broad enough mind to buy a mismatched rifle.
Thanks! I still don't like the idea of having a mismatch but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of variations going on with these on the high end of the S/N range. I liked the off-center bore & that's what really appealed to me.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I figured you'd know about this, but thought I'd ask anyway. Of all the Jinsen T-99s I've owned over the years (8-10), only 1-2 can be said to have clearly matching numbers.
C/
I have one other Jinsen '99 at present #41648 and it is fully matching.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Oh man now he's chasing Jinsens. Is nothing safe now!!!!!!!!. Hey Rob that bore is not off center the barrel is just fatter on one side.I heard Jinsens were made with tools that Nagoya arsenal threw out because they were worn out. LOL

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what happens to guys who live alone with their collections, too much time & a camera.
Ho hum. What's the point - I give up. This guy, Jareth, has stuff that should be in books & you will never - ever see it! I've done all I can to lobby, by my lonesome, this guy for some photos! Hell, he would have made a lot more $$ on items he wanted to sell if he wasn't so self-crippled! I don't get it. Now, he has a kid - With no photographic interests? What the hell is wrong with him? Ahhh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts