Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad was watching one of his Polish channels and there was a program about the Polish Army and their new weapons, and one of the segments happened to be about RADOM releasing a new version of the VIS-35 pistol. Anyone hear about this? I am wondering if given the fact that they are setting up a facility here in the US if this will be available to us. They also mentioned something about a new rifle developed for honor guard duty.

·
Registered
926 Posts
In his book "VIS Radom A Study and Photographic Album of Poland's Finest Pistol" (Wet Dog Publications), William J. York devotes three pages to "The 1992 Replica VIS". Some facts taken from there are only 1000 to be produced and sold for US$1000. Serial number A00024 shown in book. At the 2011 SHOT show Radom factory unveiled the pistol. Date on pistol is 1997 and Dalvar USA / Dallas Texas is the import mark.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In his book "VIS Radom A Study and Photographic Album of Poland's Finest Pistol" (Wet Dog Publications), William J. York devotes three pages to "The 1992 Replica VIS". Some facts taken from there are only 1000 to be produced and sold for US$1000. Serial number A00024 shown in book. At the 2011 SHOT show Radom factory unveiled the pistol. Date on pistol is 1997 and Dalvar USA / Dallas Texas is the import mark.
I had heard about these when they were first released, but from what was in the program, apparently these are not the same guns. Perhaps another run of commeratives?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had heard about these when they were first released, but from what was in the program, apparently these are not the same guns. Perhaps another run of commeratives?
Maybe .. what they might have referred to in the program are:

- a replica of Vis35 (OK - Radom ) in 45 ACP - an existing prototype
- a replica of WZ 38M (Maroszek - name of the pre-war designer) semi auto rifle - also an existing prototype

both made by a gunsmith in Poland, who BTW also manufactures the shoulder stock for Vis35, based on the same drawings that the first series of stock were made in the early 90s by a Company named BUSS in Warsaw. There is a talk on Polish Forums about the rifle potentially being used to replace the SKS for the Guard of Honor and such, but .........
I got the shoulder stock and it is perfect. Both guns also look mint.
I am fixing to talk to him again to see if the Vis is just a one of, or ......

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The repro VZ35 exists and think I see the same one every time at the SHOT show Radom booth. Identical to original but big $$.

Ive seen the repro VZ35, but supposedly this was a new pistol that is in the works made by Radom. My dad insisted its not the P99 Rad. Unfortunately he didn't record the episode so I can't confirm any other info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts