Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a "new" AK. Its a 1960 polish Century milled AK 47.This AK is built from original Polish parts kits on a US milled receiver and barrel.I would not consider this a collector rifle as it is a total mixmaster as far as #'s go,All parts look as new but no match.This gun is for using and abusing.The fit and finish on this one, and really all the ones I have seen is excellent.These were not built by Century but the work was farmed out.I have not found out by who, but looks like they do a good job.Action is very smooth.The nice thing about these is the price.You can still find these around 650.And as you know that's really good for a milled AK.Now for the fun part.This thing eats ammo as fast as I can feed it. No hiccups no jams.Shoots straight.I did not do any bench test ,but it is easy pie plate moa.Good enough for me with an AK.These do not have a chromed barrel so cleaning is a must after shooting cheap ammo.You will have to shop around to get the best price, and these are supposed to be a limited run.I would recommend one of these if you want a milled for a shooter and want to spend just 200 or so more than a WASR stamped.Here is what it looks like.;)Forgot to say comes with early style bayonet and two mags.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,525 Posts
I have one,a great value on a milled AK for sure,the maker for Century is stamped on the side:ATM out of Fridley,MN whoever they are they do good..well except for the fact my first one had an oversize rivet and that cracked the receiver,but Century fixed it right up.

Still if you want a milled AK go grab one of these,shoots very good,very well made.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
I' would like to have one but I just can't buy one with a GM barrel. All eight of my AK's have the original barrels and I want to keep it that way. Build one with a Polish barrel and I'll buy it.

Who made the receiver ?

Bill

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I' would like to have one but I just can't buy one with a GM barrel. All eight of my AK's have the original barrels and I want to keep it that way. Build one with a Polish barrel and I'll buy it.

Who made the receiver ?

Bill
I had the name,but lost it in my stack of stuff,I will see if I can find it again,Steve

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,810 Posts
There is no supply of original AK47 pattern Polish barrels in the USA.., and if there were., likely in the $200+ a piece category. Also the Polish M1960 had a screw-in barrel which is very unlikely to be used in kits built in the USA even if the barrels were here other than a one off custom build type assembly. Not on a $600 AK47.
Headspacing and timimg/clocking a threaded barrel is a bit more work and tweaking.

Who made the receiver ?

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts