Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here so bear with me please.I just joined the site. My only question is this. Can I load my mosin 9130 without stripper clips? I just bought two of them and want to shoot them at least once before I put one over my mantle and one over my bed!!! Thanks,Terry

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm a newbie here so bear with me please.I just joined the site. My only question is this. Can I load my mosin 9130 without stripper clips? I just bought two of them and want to shoot them at least once before I put one over my mantle and one over my bed!!! Thanks,Terry

Terry,

Welcome to the site. The answer is yes. The trick to getting them to feed correctly from the magazine is to make certain to load the rims so that they sit in front of the one just loaded in the magazine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i load them without strippers all the time. I also have never paid too much attention to how I stack them. Never had an issue. Just make sure to clean it well before hanging on the wall!

Any interesting marks on your rifles? This board is a great resource to learn about their history.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome Papaterry. Feel free to hang with us and damage more or less severly your everyday life with addiction to mosins. We have dozens and dozens of living examples here :rolleyes:

First of all, you have to post us tons of different kinds of detailed pictures from your Mosin to feed our ever growing addiction... ASAP!

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Just make sure you thoroughly clean the grease and stuff out of the mechanisms of the rifle before you try it. It sounds obvious, but with newbies it's better safe and thorough than quick and sorry later.

The Mosin actually feeds such that you can just drop a cartridge in the open action and shove the bolt forward to chamber, or press single rounds into the magazine and work the bolt to strip them from the magazine.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,821 Posts
You've got your answers but I did want to extend a warm Gunboards welcome to you. We have severe cases of Mosinitis but we find that spreading that 'infection' is a whole lot better than the other types of infections that can be spread...;):D

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
Clean it with just about anything after you shoot it and it will be just fine.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Just be sure to disassemble the rifle and bolt to clean all of the cosmoline out before shooting it. And check the firing pin protrusion with the tool in the cleaning kit if you have one.

·
Registered
603 Posts
More Pictures!

Welcome Papaterrry!

Shoot a Mosin once, and you'll never go back to that AR! I bet you'll be taking the Mosins off of the walls for frequent trips to the range.

Hey, Wee, you just posted my thoughts! "Feel free to hang with us and damage more or less severly your everyday life with addiction to mosins. ... First of all, you have to post us tons of different kinds of detailed pictures from your Mosin to feed our ever growing addiction... ASAP!"

Papaterry, more pictures please! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.