Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Nice looking rig. I was just looking at the same scope and mount and considering mounting it on a Finn capture 91/30. I am still on the fence if I want to do my Finn or just pick up a Russian 91/30. The Finn shoots fantastic and that is why I am leaning that way.

How does your scope look? Is it the one the reticule stays centered and does not move ?

· Registered
288 Posts
Cal50: This is a real PE sniper not a Repro it's the real deal with a repro scope mount. I have a passion for restoring, when i get through restoring a rifle i feel like i have given a new life to a fallen hero, and i cant under stand why the 91/30 sniper is so under rated as a sniper in the C&R comunity i tryed to have it appraised yesterday ant a respected gun shop here in tide water (VA Beach VA.) Told me it was worth all parts Paid for and that was it, while he had a repro 1903a1 sniper REPO on the wall for $1900 and my real deal 91/30 with repro scope and mount was worth $440 what the F#%*@

I have a PU repo that came from Classic arms. It was not an ex-sniper but I do not think that adds or detracts from the cost of the end package. What I ended up with was a 1920's all matching 91/30 (dragoon?) with a mint bore. It had a steel PU scope and mount attached which was crooked. I removed it and installed it correctly along with TIG welding the pads on the PU scope mount to obtain a windage zero. The gun will shoot an honest 3/4" @ 100 yards. When I considered buying an ex sniper and adding a scope I did not think it would make any difference in "value" but I wanted an accurate rifle. I will leave my Finn capture alone and look for a nice 91/30 to mount a PE/PEM scope. I had a K98 side rail sniper that was nice and built on a BCD4 K98. Nice bit only true capture pieces that have not been altered bring the big money.

Ok,who has a nice 91/30 for a PE/PEM project!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.