Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a P-14 to keep the SMLEs company.:D It is a Eddystone Mk I* that is only missing two things: the rear peep for the long range dial sights, and the dial sight pointer and screw. The plate is still there. It was imported by Springfield Sporters.

I only had time for about 10 rounds offhand at 50 yds. It seems quit accurate! Some photos.

·
Gold Bullet member
896 Posts
Rifle went through Wheedon just before WW II so is correct in that it is missing the volley sight bits. Note that the butt stock disc was removed and the hole plugged, also correct.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have a very similar P14 that also went through the Wheedon process. It's very accurate and one of my favorite rifle to shoot. Thanks for sharing.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
Of that mess of stampings, which one is the Wheedon mark?

Excuse me being nosey, but roughly how much did you give for that rifle? There is somebody trying to sell one around here and although I have not seen it, I think the price is a bit steep. Worse, it could be the one that was at a recent auction that swallowed my headspace gauge a la Linda Lovelace. Despite a full set of volley sights, I did not think of bidding.

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
While it's missing the arm, the volley sight plate is probably also buggered. The stud the arm pivots on was usualy ground flush with the plate, so you woulkd need that as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While it's missing the arm, the volley sight plate is probably also buggered. The stud the arm pivots on was usualy ground flush with the plate, so you woulkd need that as well.
The volley sight plate is intact. As if not touched.

I looked for the tell-tale star stamp that would indicate a Weedon refurb, but it doesn't have one. So, how do you know if it was Weedoned?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Volley sight.

Look on e-bay for a rear volley sight arm, there was one a couple of days ago. Failing that, get in touch with EFD in UK. They don't charge "bargain Basement" but the parts are top notch. EFD also do the volley sight dials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts