Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to pickup my new M/41B from the dealer. Before taking any photos I wanted to give her a good cleaning. Well here she is! A 1900 Oberndorf. The light was fading so I was only able to get a few good photos. I will post more when I get the time. Enjoy!!

Oh, and Dutchman. I'm not moving from my lawn chair until the rifles run out!!

·
Diamond Member
516 Posts
Jimmy, I've seen several of your photos, displaying your rifles, on many boards here. I'd like to compliment you on your pics. Superb!

·
Gold Bullet member
10,628 Posts
Jimmy, I've seen several of your photos, displaying your rifles, on many boards here. I'd like to compliment you on your pics. Superb!
I'll second the compliment. Great photos of some very nice rifles. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lovely rifle! As you may know, this type of rifle(m/41B) was used by the Swedish UN-force in Congo, in the -60.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Looks like a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rogge, I was not aware of the Swedish involvement in the Congo......If these rifles were there I'm sure they exacted a terrible price on who ever went up against them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jimmy C, you’re not the only one. If you ask a Swedish citizen under age of 50, they do not know either that we have been there. In Sweden we are not so good to take care of our veterans as you are in the U.S. I think that is one of the risen why we in Sweden sometimes know so little of our military history in modern time.

A little bit of history:
In 1960-64, Sweden had about 6000 UN-personal, most military, in the Congo. In early -61, for the first time in 148 year, Swedish soldier was under fire. For small arms, the Swedes used the Swedish-K(CG m45/B)as there primary weapon. As you know, the 9 mm is not so
effective in long range, so the got the AG m42/B and the sniper rifle, CG m/41B as backup.

One this picture you can see a display I made of a Swedish UN-soldier in the Congo. The picture is taken from my private museum at home. The hand grenade and the smg in the picture are dummy’s.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vkhoc1

PS! Sorry, my English is sometimes a little bit poor :)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
New Orberndorf M/41B

That IS a nice rifle! MJ has one that looks about as good, but neither of mine are that nice...:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts