Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate enough to get a call last night from a guy in town that said he had a Japanese rifle for sale, He didn't know what series. I thought about it about it over night and went over to look at it this morning and was very surpried at the condition of the rifle. It is a 10th. series. It look like it was never used, it is matching, the screws look like they haven't been turned since they were put in, the mum is ground smooth not ugly and the bore is excellent. The bolt face is clean like it has never been fired, and the locking lugs show little wear. The metal is very clean only one small spot of rust about the size of a match head that should come off with oil. The stock is in very good condition with a thin finish that looks original, good color to the wood, and it has only one small dent not bad. We talked about it a while the rifle belonged to his uncle that brought it back from the war but he didn't know from where. He already knew what he wanted for the rifle $125.00. I gave him the money. He was happy and I was very happy, and now it has a new home

·
Registered
333 Posts
nice find. Its nice when word gets around that you're interested in this kind of stuff :)

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Good going Tommy When the word gets out you never know what may turn up.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
You must be living right; sounds like a nice rifle and a great deal for you.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Sounds like the rifle I just returned! Is it a 4 digit serial number?

Tried to get ahold of you Bushido, but can't PM you. If it was the rifle I returned, you got it at a great price. If it isn't, it still sounds good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts