Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another M/41B. It's a 1900 Oberndorf Mauser and is in excellent condition. I think the only non matching pare is the mag. floor plate. It came with a matching scope can and leather lens caps. I have to wait 10 days to pick it up, but the scope came home with me!! here is a photo of the scope. The condition of the rifle matches the scope. Now I need a M41 with AGA M/44 scope to complete my Swedish sniper collection.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,611 Posts
M-41b sniper

Looks like another CG rifle with a 1900 Mauser replacement receiver . It sure seems like a lot of these are turning up in collectors hands .

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
Nice!

You say the rifle matches the condition of the scope, must be a beauty, then! Does it have a new beech stock like mine have? As Swede says, CG rifle with 1900 replacement receiver. Congrats, Duane

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Why do you call it "another CG rifle with a 1900 Mauser replacement receiver" ???

Thank you, John

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,611 Posts
Replacement receiver

The 1900 Mauser serial range is approximately 35xxx to 59xxx . So , a 4 digit serial number had to be an early Carl Gustaf rifle . We know there was a receiver problem of some kind in 1898 & 1899 production at the Carl Gustaf factory . It appears that Mauser supplied spare parts & spare receivers with the 1899/1900 contract . This is one of those receivers . There are a number of these showing up here on the boards , such as two more owned by capnduane . There are M-96's like this as well .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts