Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm Bill DeShivs. Knifemaker/designer/restorer, engraver, plater, former gunsmith, and Star nut.
I own 2 DKs, 2 PDs, a BM, a BKM, An A, and an HK (Lancer).
I look forward to the discussions here.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome Bill, you have an impressive Star collection. When you have time I would love to see some pictures, particularily those DKs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay, I'm Will.

A consulting shrink by profession and pilot by avocation (hence, psyfly).

Gun nut and Star addict.

I have a DK, a BKM, 2 BMs (I guess that sounds healthy), and a PD.

Although I have others, 3 of the above are my most frequent "carries".

One of the BMs is on "loan" to my daughter-in-law.

Look fwd to learning from all of you.

I won't say "welcome" as I'm a newbie, myself.

Will

·
Registered
579 Posts
Spanish steel is addictive! I have a Llama/Ruby brochure from the 50's that says LA VERDADERA PISTOLA PARA UN HOMBRE.....the real pistol for a man. Pretty much sums up how I feel about Spanish guns.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of mine have been customized to one degree or another. I'll try to take some more pics soon.
Here is my Lancer. It was in poor cosmetic shape when I got it.
The little gun is an Astra Cub in .22 short that I engraved and plated in 24k gold.

·
Registered
13 Posts
These are my two favorites:

Its a 47 "M" Super. I have about 13 K through this one. For carry when I feel like a "big" gun.

This one:

An 83 "BM" is my daily 'small" pistol. It has around 32K since I picked it up.

Sam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine has had the frame significantly re contoured and some work done on teh extractor to let it handle 38 Super a bit better.
The bottom rear of the slide has been welded up and recontoured to delay opening just a tad. I'm using it as a testbed for some 38Super/9mmLargo/9x23 loading and operating tests.
My current carry laod with this one is a 135 SWCHP at a bit over 1300fps.

Sam

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Hey Bill what. Brought this thread back to life ? How many Star pistols today?

i do not know how I did it but managed to land on this post and make my comment. Please dis regard my bringing it here but do not disregard Bill as he is a good and active member. Mike

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Bill, Not one S series in the bunch? I have been looking for a nice HK and missed a couple on GB or they were unrealistically priced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts