Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

A while ago, I bought a package deal of three rifles; A Mauser M48, a Ruger Ranch and a Enfield No.4 MK1.

Intent was to later sell the Ruger and the Enfield to pay for (some/all) of the Mauser. I otherwise had no interest in the Ruger & the Enfield.

Once I started checking out the Enfield, things changed.

What a great rifle.

I was amazed to find out about the "Mad Minute".

cheers

jimB

ps. I have to thank my mentor NAVYGUNNER for all the help and information since we met.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,644 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

Start reading some of the stickies on the top of the page. Many are sub-grouped in a single thread. Lots and lots of good information there.
If you are just starting out, save some "stupid tax" and buy a few of the Skinnerton pamphlets on each mark you are interested in. You'll eventually want to
get the 3d edition of The Lee Enfield Story. A better reference you won't find.

Now then. No pictures, NO RIFLE!! Let's see it!!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Greetings,

I was amazed to find out about the "Mad Minute".

Welcome :

Over 100 years and nobody in the world with any of the worlds bolt action rifles has ever beaten the Enfield 'record'.

Beware Enfields breed rapidly in dark spaces, gun-safes, basements, or cupboards. They are hermaphroditic and can reproduce without a partner, but once they start breeding its exponential and you'll soon find that you need one of each manufacturer, one of each year, one of each model ..........

Enfielditus is highly contageous and cannot be treated with any drugs, the 'itch can be scratched' on a temporary basis by sourcing another one, but as with any habit the times between the 'fix' gets shorter and shorter until you start looking for accoutrements and acessories as well as the rifles.

STOP NOW whilst you can.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
No, no, Puleeeeeeze.

I can't take another "Surplus Rifle" disease.

cheers

jimB
Too late. You already logged in and now you're stuck with it.

Now, how about a few pics of that No4 of yours? Even if we don't buy all of them, we still have to at least see them! ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome :

Over 100 years and nobody in the world with any of the worlds bolt action rifles has ever beaten the Enfield 'record'.

Beware Enfields breed rapidly in dark spaces, gun-safes, basements, or cupboards. They are hermaphroditic and can reproduce without a partner, but once they start breeding its exponential and you'll soon find that you need one of each manufacturer, one of each year, one of each model ..........

Enfielditus is highly contageous and cannot be treated with any drugs, the 'itch can be scratched' on a temporary basis by sourcing another one, but as with any habit the times between the 'fix' gets shorter and shorter until you start looking for accoutrements and acessories as well as the rifles.

STOP NOW whilst you can.
Sound advice take heed :tisk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts