Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think this may be a Euskaro? Can anyone give me an approx year of Mfg. ted Any values? Any history? I got this pistol in 1988 from my great uncle after he passed away. Know nothing of how he obtained it. Used to carry it in his overall's when he sold produce from his truck. Many thanks in advance....Ricky P.S. I was directed to your site from another board. They stated if it was to be know you would have an answer. Spoke great of your expertise members.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Simiilar style .38 revolvers were made in Spain for a British contract in WW1. I guess the tooling were set-up and it were used for the local market .32

These revolvers were manufactured by Garate, Anitua y Cia (Ref. Pistols of the world by Hogg and Weeks p119) and Orbea Hermanos Y Cia, in Eibar (Ref. Pistols of the world by Hogg and Weeks p175) and Trocaola, Aranzabal y acia, Eibar, Spain. (Ref. Pistols of the world by Hogg and Weeks p243)

It may help to start the search here.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
These pistols were made by many more companys than just Garate Anitua y Cia. The revolvers made for Britain in WWI were in 455 Webley. At least 4 different manufacturers made these pistols in 455 Webley for the British. My friend, you are posting a lot of mis-information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts