Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were among a group of rifles I received in a recent deal. The top rifle is a 1942 dot G33/40 It's not matching but in good condition. The second rifle is a Yugo type II M1924 Cavalry Carbine. The bolt doesn't match, but is a M1924 bolt. The third rifle is a Chinese Chiang Kai-Shek short rifle. I just liked the crest so it came home. The bottom rifle is a Yugo K-98. It's made from a WW I GEW 98. The side wall GEW 98 markings are still intact. It has the typical undated Yugo crest in the receiver ring.

I also got a Argentine 1909 sniper as well as a Swedish M41B sniper in the deal. I wil post photos of them when I can.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
I swear you must live beneath a black hole where rifles come falling out of the emptiness of space right into your hands. I've not seen a Mauser in a gunshop or been to a gunshow in over ONE YEAR and you have rifles falling out of the sky into your hands while you sit in a lawn chair, I'm sure, sipping lemonade. I've long been impressed with your good luck, JimmyC, but this is getting insane. That G33/40 is very cool.

Dutchman

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's good stuff! The good thing for me about being a new Mauser collector, is that I still need everything, so there's lots of availability! The bad thing is that I'm broke and can't buy any of it :( At least I can live vicariously thru other board members.

·
Gold Bullet Member
768 Posts
Nice catch you made there. Does the G33/40 have the proper bolt? Couldn't really tell from that angle. I sure would like to luck onto a G33/40 and Model 1924 Yugo carbine.

Rad

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HerrMesser, It has a regular K98K bolt, Thank you for supplying me with the proper bolt. Buy the way my M.O. is on it's way to you.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
These were among a group of rifles I received in a recent deal. The top rifle is a 1942 dot G33/40 It's not matching but in good condition. The second rifle is a Yugo type II M1924 Cavalry Carbine. The bolt doesn't match, but is a M1924 bolt. The third rifle is a Chinese Chiang Kai-Shek short rifle. I just liked the crest so it came home. The bottom rifle is a Yugo K-98. It's made from a WW I GEW 98. The side wall GEW 98 markings are still intact. It has the typical undated Yugo crest in the receiver ring.

I also got a Argentine 1909 sniper as well as a Swedish M41B sniper in the deal. I wil post photos of them when I can.

Wonderful finds. I was delighted to pick up M41 Swede with AGA m/42 scope, M1935 FN
7.65mm, Polish 98Az, and Dominican 7mm. You have done even better, congratulations.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
What is the ser nr on your 33/40?
What are the proof marks under the 98k bolt handle?
Sarge

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sarge, I will get that info for you in a few days. I just put these rifles back in their safe and moved a bunch of stuff in front of it.

That is after I get up off my lawn chair :>)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Jimmy
Did you ever get those 2 rifles dug out?
Sarge

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Sarge, yes I did. The G33/40 is dated 1942, and the SN is # 6398. As for the Yugo K98 I did not find any marks under the bolt handle. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Does your 33/40 have a 33/40 or 98k bolt in it? If 33/40 what is the ser nr?
If 98k what are the proofs under the bolt handle?
thanx
Sarge

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry Sarge I guess I misunderstood you. The Rifle came with a mis matched K98K bolt. As I remember the proof under the bolt was not distinct but I think it was 140 or 148 with the eagle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts