Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a heads up; on the left side front of the rifle below the frontsight there is a worm adjustment, I presume this is for gas adjustment if so what is the prefered setting please . Regards Glen

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,077 Posts
That worm adjustment is for the in-built grenade launcher
Patrick

·
Gold Bullet member+
French Issue APX L806 scope sets SOLD OUT
1,265 Posts
The "Worm Gear".....pushes the Rifle grenade distance sleeve out to the different settings/distances.....the further out the sleeve goes the shorter the distance the Rifle Grenade goes....look at the numbers [meters] on the sleeve shaft.

The Triangular Metal piece is the grenade sight....pull it upwards to the lock position....and use it like pistol sights on the target.

There are NO Gas settings on a MAS 49

Buddy

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Paint on sights

mike and guys: The french did this, some are red and others are white, it seems this is on the semi autos only, I have not seen this on a Mle 1936..

Also, the sights are crosshatched or knurled....a very suitable arrangement for paint!

Dale

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Dale,
Thanks for that. For some reason that little detail escaped me in the past. I have been so damned busy the last few years, basically in the years since I obtained my MAS semi-autos, that I have not really had the chance to study the closely. I am looking forward to 2010 when this grad school gig is over and I will actually be able to go back to gun collecting.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Grad Skul

Mike hurry up and finish that degree in basketweaving and joint social emulation...

Dale

PS: I cheated! Just took the GRE and got a degree from the State of CT for being an Army Aviator and Officer......They were not happy when I showed up for the GRE in German.....and passed the damn thing cold!! (Nasty tempered academics who hated the Military)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
glengarry

The MAS also has red paint on the front sight the rifle is marked MAS Mle 1949 cal 7.5 it is in the F serial range. I recently got a Lebell reworked presumably by MAP 1917. This is in grease and also a St Ettienne 3 shot carbine Mle1890 MD, again reworked by MAC 1917 all look consistant with a vintage rework. Regards Glen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.