Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and it's hard to know where to begin. I just acquired my first Martini, by way of a trade with a friend. I always wanted one. My research, which I did after the fact, tells me that this is a MK IV, A, or B pattern rifle. It has the Nepalese markings. It came with a sword type bayonet and scabbard. What I got was a very crusty rifle that looking through the dirt and grime appeared to be "all there". The only missing part is one brass butt plate screw. I have since replaced it, from IMA, with two steel ones, for now. I am hoping that someone on the forum might know where I can get another brass screw. After careful disassembly (thanks Iraqveteran8888 and Ginsboy2003) of the entire rifle, I found what I think, is the expected pitting on the barrel, at the wood line and below. I didn't attempt removal of the lower barrel band screw, electing to tap the band off, after removing the retaining pin. Long story short, after about eight hours of careful cleaning, inside and out, I have what appears to be a very respectable looking rifle. The bore has some of the deepest rifling I have ever seen. Where I'm a little lost is, where this rifle fits in the general condition class. I have seen very few Martini's up close, so I have nothing to compare this one to. I will post some photos and hope that the forum members will give their opinions. I am begiinng to understand, though, why you all are so addicted to these guns. They are beautifully made and "feel" like history. Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.