Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet Member
2,909 Posts
If you want to sell out quickly I think you should price as such...

Hungarian HB copper washed 7.62x54R....15cts/rd
Albainian brass cased 7.62x54r..............13cnts/rd
Bulgarian HB brass cased 50's 7.62x54r...13cnts/rd
Czech silver tipped steel cased in 20 round boxes 7.62x54R...15cts/rd
Czech brass cased 50's 8mm Mauser in 15 round boxes......20cnts/rd
Yugo 80's 8mm brass cased on links in 250 round ammo cans....25cnts/rd
Korean corrosive 30 06 on clips, bandoleers in ammo cans......30cnts/rd

the 762x54 would be the ammo that sells the slowest because there is a lot of it around. If you price the ammo where it is about what the dealers can buy it for then they may buy it up to clear it off your table and all the ammo dealers have extra cash to spend right now. If you go a little high then you might haul it in and out without selling much, and if the crowd is not there to buy that caliber then the dealers are your best outlet.
Those prices are too low imo. You can get 20 cents for the hungarian or silvertip, 15 cents for the alby/bulgy, 25 for the czech brass, and 30 for the yugo brass. That's comparable to prices our sponsors are going for. Korean 30-06 i cannot price accurately.

· Gold Bullet Member
2,909 Posts
The key phrase is "quickly".
If he prices below market value it will move faster.
If he matches the wholesalers price point, he will sit on it for months.
FWIW, CMP has 30.06 (and Garands AND 03a3's).
AIM seems to have no trouble moving their stuff very quickly at those prices- i am aware a gunshow is different but there is no reason not to come in with "high" prices and drop them later. Your high prices will look amazing compared to most fools at the gunshow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.