Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a few minutes to reset my password but I like the new board.
Thanks to the powers that be.
Also now my post count will be higher than Adogs!!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just trying out the features.
This sucker is smooth and easy to use.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Once I got past the password issue all seems to be going ok. Seems fast!!

·
Silver Bullet member
29,950 Posts
Drat, lost my avatar....

·
Silver Bullet member
15,587 Posts
I'm really tired of learing new stuff, kicking and screaming here I go.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,587 Posts
BradB and others

You need to go to the CP and set your choices for sending and receiving PM and other stuff.

Just do it!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone tried posting any photos yet?

C/
Morning Chip, It was really easy to post a photo but I think the size limit might be tighter. The board would accept a lot of different file types. Maybe 03 or Brad can post what the size limits are.
On the quick reply box I see that we don't have a browse feature now! I was thinking that it did yesterday. Probably a short between the headset!

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Posting Photos II

Has anyone tried posting any photos yet?

C/
Just checked out some of Ted's Japanese Mosin thumbnails on the Collector's Forum. Great to see that the embedding that allows further enlargement of the enlarged thumbnail has been retained in this version.

C/

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Morning Chip, It was really easy to post a photo but I think the size limit might be tighter.
Man, I hope not. A limit on file types is OK since most of us use the .jpeg format anyway, but for the things I post, I need to show good resolution. Like everyone else, I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

C/

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Man, I hope not. A limit on file types is OK since most of us use the .jpeg format anyway, but for the things I post, I need to show good resolution. Like everyone else, I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

C/

Just took a look. The file size limit for .jpeg formats is 300 kb, just like the old boards. Now I just have to figure out how to place the image in a select space in a posting. When I tried the first time, it went at the bottom, not where the cursor was located.

C/

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
posting photos

You can forget what I said about the photos. :eek: When I tried it out yesterday they had a nice easy to use interface box that came up. It has changed now. The box that comes up now ain't got a browse function.
Vic said that the board is still a work in progress. Lets give them a few days.

Boy am I a dumb ass! Just go to the "Manage Attachments" box just below the text editor (just scroll down a little or hit the "Go Advanced" box) and you will get that very easy to use box for attaching photos. It pays to play with this board a little bit! :cool:

·
Silver Bullet member
15,587 Posts
picture attachment sizes

Go to the manage attachments area, there is a list with all the info.

It appears to me, someone else needs to confirm, that if you put in only one picture, it goes in at 'normal' size; if more than one, they are thumbnails you can click on to enlarge.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts