Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely going to shoot mine. I have some surplus Swedish ammo for it. I'm a little reluctant to shoot it until I can get some clarification on the issue of lubing the ammo.

Anyone know if it is necessary to lube the ammo? What is a good lube to use?

In the same vein, Is the surplus Swedish ammo good to use in this rifle? I've heard it opined that the Swedish surplus ammo is made with a slow burning powder that was loaded for use in the M96's and is too slow for use in a semi.

·
Registered
396 Posts
nice gun!

If you like how it looks, you'll really like how it shoots. Total tack driver and imo, one of the best semi-autos around. Of course, I am not exactly unbiased.

I have not shot mine enough to know about lubing issue. However, I do know that I have done both--lube and not and seemed to shoot fine with either. However, It doesn't take much to put a little reoil on your brass and shake it up. As Little as I shoot, I guess I'll just do that since there is a question about it. I have shot about 100 rounds through mine--no fte, no issues at all. With effort, mush tighter groups with fast aimed fire than with other semi autos. I don't know where accuracy could be with it with handloads and the usual accuracy stuff. Guess I'll have to try that. I wouln't be surprised with an moa. Great gun--however, I will say, handling it isn't exactly intuitive!! Mauserdoc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.