Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
It is difficult when things change and you know way around the format. I have seen many websites change and you often wonder why? I am sure it has something to with security and changing operating systems. Many folks do not like change. I think a many of the folks here are older and maybe not as savvy as the younger members myself included. Just my two cents for what is worth. I am glad we have this forum and I will adapt and move on I am sure this isn't the last change we will see.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I am getting used to it. I don't get notifications like I used to. Probably need to check my settings.
MOST annoying thing is that orange/yellow streak and 3 jumping bars at the top of the page.
What is that for?

·
Banned
81 Posts
I am not the one bi*ching up a storm, you are, so again why stay?

Surely it isn't your long time membership.
I am not the one bitching and soaking up suds. Seems you are the one soaking up the suds by your user name. By the way, miller beer sucks so I guess that kind of narrows it down to what kind of person you are!

·
Super Moderator
6,435 Posts
I am not the one bitching and soaking up suds. Seems you are the one soaking up the suds by your user name. By the way, miller beer sucks so I guess that kind of narrows it down to what kind of person you are!
I'm not the on Bi*ching, but I am enjoying a drink, maybe you should try one and mellow out.

P.S. are you not the previously banned member Mike LaComb.
Guess this new platform works pretty good after all.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,904 Posts
I'm not the on Bi*ching, but I am enjoying a drink, maybe you should try one and mellow out.

P.S. are you not the previously banned member Mike LaComb.
Guess this new platform works pretty good after all.
Good Catch! He does make the rounds.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,600 Posts
Yup, I think my time here has dropped waaay off too.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
man, this sounds like a whinners convention

bottom line is; it's never going to change back just because some of you guys don't like it, so either get use to it or leave, that simple

·
Gold Bullet Member
475 Posts

This platform is turning into a venue for sad sacks to whine. Recent whiny topics:
  • This forum sucks because it does not look like a forum from 1998
  • I don’t want to make any effort to learn how to use this new format that I do not pay to use or maintain and I just usually come here to whine and complain anyway
  • The current market rate for ammunition is too high and I am sad/angry about this
  • There is no ammunition available (when there really is but it is expensive)
  • I have lost interest in collecting and I don’t know why but I’ll mention the cost of guns and ammunition repeatedly in my post
  • Someone did something to a firearm they own and I am sad/angry about the thing they did to something they own
Anybody got any non whiny news? I grabbed a neat Makarov last week, a commercial Arsenal pistol with d.i.g Virginia Beach, Va on the slide.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
View attachment 3751214
This platform is turning into a venue for sad sacks to whine. Recent whiny topics:
  • This forum sucks because it does not look like a forum from 1998
  • I don’t want to make any effort to learn how to use this new format that I do not pay to use or maintain and I just usually come here to whine and complain anyway
  • The current market rate for ammunition is too high and I am sad/angry about this
  • There is no ammunition available (when there really is but it is expensive)
  • I have lost interest in collecting and I don’t know why but I’ll mention the cost of guns and ammunition repeatedly in my post
  • Someone did something to a firearm they own and I am sad/angry about the thing they did to something they own
Anybody got any non whiny news? I grabbed a neat Makarov last week, a commercial Arsenal pistol with d.i.g Virginia Beach, Va on the slide.

yep, that about sums it up

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
only thing I really miss is the icon that used to show when you replied to a thread? unless I missed something?

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
a icon is still there, it's now just a small blue eye (thread watched ) under the topic title and to the right of the last author of the post who respond to the thread

you can see it by finding the title of this thread, "NEW LAYOUT SUCKS"

·
Platinum Bullet Member
48,425 Posts
This layout sucks.

Having to open each individual subforum to see what the most recent post is is beyond stupid.

Having these stupid popups asking me to allow push notifications...

Having to expand comments is beyond idiotic...

Having the idiotic login with Facebook crap show up is idiotic...

It's a shame this forum had to go to a layout geared towards 12 year olds who play games and post pictures of themselves with duck lips...

Like it or not this forum is more frequented Gen X'rs and Boomers than Gen Z'rs...

This really sucks now and its too bad.

rat,

I use Chrome with an adblocker, no popups, and on the work computer, chrome with no adblocker, and no popups but do get ads,

the round balloon up top on the right that says NEW , will get you to the new comments,

as far as the suckiness, I guess I have just gotten used to it,

·
Registered
922 Posts
it's brokedick
asked 3x sons 15 21 & 24 if it was just this old guy "no it is poorly done, confusing"
I hope someone didn't pay a lot for this
the thumbs up "like" thing is coolio though

Reactions: dragonsdad
21 - 40 of 67 Posts