Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Excuse me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the 655 on the bolt underside be from a 39-41 Oberndorf rifle, and the 135 on the stock be a later Oberndorf unit? Wouldn't that make this not a matching piece? Still a very nice rifle but not pure sauer, right? Maybe I'm not understanding the term matching here though.

· Registered
185 Posts
I don't know that this adds anything to the discussion but another idea that may have already been discounted but just yesterday I got a 1934 Radom rifle which has one of those odd marks on it. I'm sorry I don't remember which part it was on but it was so ugly it stuck in my mind. they had a variety of strange marks some of which are very clever and obvious to distinguish from one another, I didn't even know what class to put that mark in, it's not a letter, number or pictoglyph. Maybe the barrel came from Poland?

· Registered
185 Posts
Correction: The Radom doesn't have exactly that mark on it, though it does have a variety of other odd marks. I still wouldn't be surprised given the WaA623 if there was a Polish connection to the barrel.

· Registered
185 Posts
Radom didn't make 98 barrels, I'm sure you're right. But they did seem to go overboard with heiroglyphic-like marks on what they did produce. Maybe this was some sort of Polish thing?

I understood that Styer 623/77 marked rifles got the 77 marked parts from Radom, a location in Poland. Mightn't this 623 barrel come from other Polish mfg. source?

· Registered
185 Posts
Radom Heiroglyph Marks

Sarge, for comparasion sake, as soon as I get the pictures formatted, I'll start a post and show you all the odd little marks on various parts of the 1934 wz.29 I picked up last weekend. I recognized on of them from the underside of a 77 marked bolt I got on a 98k mismatch.

· Registered
185 Posts
Radom Marks

Sarge, for comparison sake (as soon as I get the pictures formatted which should take a couple of days) I'll start a new post and show you all the odd little marks on various parts of the Radom 1934 wz.29 I picked up last weekend. I recognized one of them from the underside of a 77 marked bolt I got on a 98k mismatch. It's amazing how many they used and on parts from the receiver to ejector, probably half the major parts has something on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.