Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a guy on a Facebook group said his 91/30 has a bit of difficulty extracting PPU brass cased ammo. First responder said, “naturally because Mosins are calibrated for steel case ammo”. Whaaaa?

I asked him what exactly was done to calibrate a rifle for steel case ammo and how did they work for the first 50 or more years when there was brass case ammo, and NO steel case ammo. Also what about all the sticky bolt stories with STEEL case ammo?

I never understand why someone has an experience....and then makes up some explication to explain the happening...AND THEN passes that on as fact.

Maybe it is strange to me because I went to school when they still taught science.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
For the last 50 years, the public school system has been working as hard as they can, to cripple their students, so that they are unable and or unwilling, to use logic, and follow cause and effect, and reason for themselves.

Because IF they could reason for themselves, they'd probably not vote for democrats.

Did you at least explain to the victim, that he had a dirty and or burred chamber which he needed to attend to?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you at least explain to the victim, that he had a dirty and or burred chamber which he needed to attend to?
I did, but he replied, “I guess you never made a mistake and you must be on a high for pointing mine out. I know you are compensating for a tiny member”
Really? Some people!

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I did, but he replied, “I guess you never made a mistake and you must be on a high for pointing mine out. I know you are compensating for a tiny member”
Really? Some people!
WOW!

Okay, there is no helping people like that.

One of the most painful lessons I ever learned in life. I'm really sorry it took me so long.:(

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's why I don't use Facebook etc......too many muppets on there.My "social media" presence stretches to this forum and a UK-based shooting forum and that's about it!.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,529 Posts
What I don't understand is the migration of forums to social media like Facebook. It's such an interior platform for finding anything over 30 minutes old in a situation where there are a significant number of people communicating. Posting on a topic does not bring it back to the top again. Each original topic has 15 min of fame before it is lost forever.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Most people just regurgitate what they hear without giving it any thought.

I had an old guy tell me that 7.62x39 was not powerful enough! I asked for what and he just repeated that it's not powerful enough! Dinosaur hunting? Stopping tanks? Deer hunting? Self defense? Putting holes in paper?

Hell, you still occasionally hear the story of how "they" made the AK to shoot any US caliber......or something to that effect!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I ran across a post the other day on Facebook about the Liberator "these were dropped from planes over occupied territories so that people could protect themselves instead of having nothing. Never seen a 42 caliber" And then he got stupidly aggressive when several people pointed out that it was .45 ACP and for resistance fighters to drop German soldiers to take their weapons.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What I don't understand is the migration of forums to social media like Facebook. It's such an interior platform for finding anything over 30 minutes old in a situation where there are a significant number of people communicating. Posting on a topic does not bring it back to the top again. Each original topic has 15 min of fame before it is lost forever.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I totally agree with you. I do occasionally post on one Facebook site, but just about given up on it. Last two posts of mine were flagged as prohibited gun sale posts even though nothing in the wording
indicated I wanted to sell anything. I was told something in them must have trigger their algorithm into flagging the posts. I am done with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Obviously this person was taught using the "common core" method. First apologize for your arrogance and then tell him his problems will diminish if he loads the rounds pointy end towards the front.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
One more reason for me not to be on facebook or twitter and all the other "social media platforms".

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Some are worse than others. The Mosin Nagant page is just lost. Posting up refinished rifles with pride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts