Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are photos of a new rifle I just purchased. I believe its a model 3000 Crown Grade with Monte Carlo stock made around 1964 according to the s/n. I'm pretty sure everything is correct except for the missing loops on the sling studs. There are no cracks in the stock as far as I can tell and the bluing is nice except for a few scratches on the left side of the barrel. Does anyone else notice anything incorrect? By the way I'm still looking for a true collector's Husqvarna here in Canada. I have searched the internet for literally days on end and cant find any NICE Husky commercial rifles. Even Tradex's inventory of commercial guns all seem to be cracked or imperfect in some way. What's happening? Is everyone just hanging on to their Husqvarna? Where can I buy a truly perfect gun here in Canada?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting you mention the sight because that's one thing I've not be paying any attention to yet. Guess I'll have to do some more reading. If anyone has some reference photos of original Husqvarna sights would be appreciated. Caliber on this gun is 30-06. That's really all I can find locally in commercial series guns other than the one I bought with the "bubba" stock.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Online tradeexcanada.com typically has a good selection in a variety of calibres. They have a very good return policy and are very conservative in their condition ratings. You can also request detailed photos of an item of interest.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You have to be early when TEC receive their stock to find the niicest ones. After a while, all what's left are those with defects.
Spend time at local gun shows, you may also find old stuff hinding in a closet for years.

As for the rear sight, it was common to have to changed for a folding one ats the original spring leaf type often intefered with the scope front bell. If you are looking for an original one, I have one I can sell, I am in Canada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baribal, Was the spring leaf site standard on all Husqvarna commercial as far as you know? 1950's FN action right up through 9000 series? Another question I have is on butt plates... A number of rifles I've looked at have the rubber Pachmayr pad. Were any of these pads installed by Husqvarna or were they all aftermarket add-ons? www.skydevaaben.com lists model 1651 in 358 Norma Magnum with the rubber pads but do you know if there were any others.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
No. They used different sights for different models, and you could have it swaped by the custom shop (if you lived in Sweden) or by the gunsmith here, mostly replaced by foldeable Lyman / Marbles types. HVA used several types, depending on year and model.

The rubber pads were only standard on the 1651. But if you lived in Sweden, they could fiit one for you. Most people here didn't want to wait 2 years for a custom job from Sweden to arrive, so a lot of HVA rifles were fitted with pads at the moment of purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.