Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just thought I'd throw up and intro thread here and post some pictures of my toy :)

CAI PSL-54C with a POSP 8x42, a Harris bipod, and an ITC railrest... Also a no cheekrest no bipod shot with the romy TIP2 still on it.

Haven't made it back out to the range since the POSP to sight it in, but it was a bowling pin killer with the IOR scope :)

Considering a trigger and either a stock or a fairly thick recoil pad as the length of pull is on the short side.. I've kind of gotten used to the stock trigger, but it still seems like there is significant room for improvement.

It's no tack driver, but I wouldn't want to be the target either :)

Also, anyone in SW Oklahoma that wants to get together and shoot things I try to make it out to Duke when I can.

I've been putting a lot of Hungarian light ball through it just trying to get used to the trigger and for fun plinking but is there any 7.62x54r match grade ammo available commercially in the 150gr. range?

My particular PSL doesn't seem to like the Wolf gold/prvi... I had 3 failures to eject in one box, when I've had 3 total in a whole tin of Hungarian surplus and none in steel cased Wolf.

Anyway, It's a hellovalota fun and the only cosmetic issue it has is the stock and foregrip don't match.

Jeff

·
Gold Bullet member
4,039 Posts
Dittos. I shoot '86 Czech surplus with good results, even one weekend getting 4" to 5" 5-shot groups at 300 yards while sighting in my 1pn34. That was the best I ever shot with this rifle, I usually get 1.5 to 2.5 MOA with good ammo and the stock TIP-2 scope.

Keith

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Hello Jeff. A couple of nice looking rifles you have there. Something like that is in order here for a new toy to play with............................

Regards
Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.