Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Here's my newest acquisition. When I bought it I was told it was just a run of the mill Japanese helmet so I bought it with a few photos showing the condition of the outside and some of the inside. At the time I was just looking for the four little holes at the top to make sure it was a type 90. After my purchase of that civil defense helmet I wanted to make sure this was a definite combat helmet. When I got it today I looked it over and realized exactly what it was. The "front" of the helmet that the seller took a picture of was actually the back of the helmet and when I looked at the front I saw the bottom of a yellow anchor painted there (I guess meaning IJN or Naval Landing). Also there was some Kanji along the rim that I didn't pay attention to when I bought it so that was an additional surprise for me. I paid $60 for this helmet with taxes and shipping but just like my other helmet it's missing the liner and this time it is missing the chin strap so this helmet is essentially a shell. The story I got with it was that this helmet was picked up somewhere on Guam during the war. What do you guys think about it?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.